FlexiCapture 9.0/10.0 Distributed backup/recovery/move procedure
Here is the backup/recovery/move procedure for ABBYY FlexiCapture 9.0 and 10.0 Distributed Edition OCR, document processing and data capture platform.
Recovery consists of 2 stages: copying OLD setup and recovering NEW setup.
1. Stop all operations.
2. Close all sessions.
3. Perform backup of database by SQL tools (or copy DB to new server).
4a. If you are using File Storage and prefer to use backup software, then perform backup of the storage location (nnBackup for example or another backup utility)
IMPORTANT. Backup of the database and backup of the File Storage must be synchronized. If backups of each were done at different times (different content), any old stored documents will not be accessible (error message “File is Corrupted” will be shown.)
IMPORTANT. Differential backup also can be done.
4b. Alternatively, if backup is not required, copy all files in the file storage to the new location.
1. Prepare the Server with FlexiCapture, i.e. install FlexiCapture servers, stations, connect to a license etc.
2. At the SQL server restore the database from the backup.
3. Restore File Storage at the new location.
4. At the Administration and Monitoring Console connect to the new data base and new file storage.
IMPORTANT. Current user must be Administrator in FC and must have permissions for connecting to the new Application Server and permissions for working with the new database. An ideal situation is when the recovery is performed by the same user, who did the backup. If current user is not the same, then the new user must be added to database users.
5. On the Processing Server and all stations specify the address of the new application server (usually specify the location of the new server at startup).
6. If you changed the server PC, then your license server changed its location (newly activated license), so you will need to specify new license location for other stations.
License server path is located on all PCs with FlexiCapture in the following location:
%:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ABBYY\FlexiCapture\9.0\Licenses\Protection.ini
Server address is specified in the following line of the Protection.ini file:
ServerName = [old_server]
Specify the IP address of the new server (or server PC name in your network).
This operation is not needed for Scanning station and Data Verification Station (they receive licenses from running Processing Server (since 2nd release) )