ABBYY FlexiCapture 9.0/10.0: Procedure for moving internal file storage to a different location
ABBYY FlexiCapture, the advanced data capture and document processing platform, uses a database for metadata and file storage (database or shared folder) for its internal data, such as in-process batches, templates, etc. Sometimes there is a need to move internal storage from one location to another, for example if running out of HDD space in the old location.
If you have everything installed in your Database and the system is not using the FileStorage location, stop the server via Processing Server, as well as all ABBYY FlexiCapture Windows Services under Services. Detach the database. Move it to the larger storage location and reattach the database. Restart all services and the server.
More commonly, if you are using database and a separate FileStorage location, your project and batches will be stored in the FileStorage location. Then follow these instructions:
- Stop all operations via any stations
- Close all sessions. Check for any open sessions under Administration Console -> Monitoring -> Sessions.
- Go to Services and stop all “FlexiCapture” services
- Go to Administration -> Server -> Application server, and see where your current file storage is located. Copy all files in the file storage location to the new location.
- After all files have copied, in the same Administration -> Server -> Application Server, update the location to the new storage path. Make sure the storage is local to the server. User name under which all FlexiCapture services are run must have full read/write access to this new location.
- In Services, start all FlexiCapture processes. Test the overall FlexiCapture operation.
- Once FlexiCapture has been used successfully in production, it is safe to delete files from the old storage location.
In case if you are unable to access the Application Server webpage in the Administration & Monitoring Console, the path in the step #5 can be changed via Registry. Change the registry setting to the new File Storage location:
Change the “FileStorage” String Value.
Contact your WiseTREND representative for a personalized guided process in this transition.
Keywords: ABBYY FlexiCapture, database migration, file storage relocation, OCR, ICR, OMR, BCR, data capture