Automated Forms Processing
Reduce the costs of manual processing by automating data capture from any kind of forms. ABBYY FlexiCapture solution transforms streams of forms and documents of any structure and complexity into business-ready data. Information can be extracted from data fields, converted to electronic format and delivered to business processes by using intelligent classification, OCR, ICR and barcode recognition technologies.
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a highly accurate and scalable document workflow platform that intelligently captures, classifies and transfers critical data from unstructured and structured documents to the right process, workflow or decision engine.
HOW IT WORKS
AUTOMATED DOCUMENT ENTRY
ABBYY FlexiCapture automatically processes all types of documents from files and scanners in a single flow, including office documents and image formats, email attachments, and message bodies.
AUTOMATIC DOCUMENT CLASSIFICATION
The neural-based automatic document classification technology enables sorting of documents by content, visual forms, types (e.g. driver license, bank statement, tax form, contract, invoice, etc.) and custom subcategories (e.g. invoices from vendor A, invoices from vendor B, etc.)
It learns quickly and easily, enabling it to perform as an auto-classifier – just provide a set of sample documents (no fewer than 10 documents of each type) and specify reference classes for each document in the set. Not only does it define a document type, but also selects a correct document definition for further content processing.
For many real-life scenarios, the precision/recall ratio can be adjusted easily: simply prioritize either recall or precision or use the “balanced” mode.
At the recognition stage, document images are assembled into multi-page documents or document sets. Their content and data are intelligently extracted and validated automatically in an unattended mode.
Automatic assembly: multi-page documents out of pages
This task can be done either by separators (e.g. blank pages inserted between the two documents), page counters or with the help of ABBYY neural-based classification algorithms that automatically identify.
Highly accurate OCR/ICR/OMR and barcode recognition incorporating:
- Optical character recognition of printed text in up to 190 languages.
- Intelligent character recognition for hand-printed text in over 110 languages.
- Barcode recognition for a variety of 1D and 2D barcodes.
- Optical mark recognition for a wide range of checkmarks.
ABBYY FlexiCapture runs consistency checks to ensure all case-related documents are assembled correctly into a full document set. For a case management scenario, it enables comparison of:
- Key fields, seals, photos or signatures of different documents by displaying their main fields on the same сase.
- Relevant data inside the company’s databases against extracted data.
Automatic validation includes:
- Comparison against databases.
- Conformity with built-in validation rules.
- Compliance with formats.
- Data normalization.
- User-defined checks.
ABBYY FlexiCapture automatically extracts data from a variety of paper or digital-born document types, structured and unstructured, such as mortgage applications, tax returns, questionnaires, credit card applications, contracts, invoices, customer emails and many more.
Verification station allows checking if extracted fields match those of the original document. Alternatively, verification can be started manually using the web-based verification station, easily accessible to a verification operator from any physical location. Any of the following techniques can be used:
ABBYY FlexiCapture automatically exports recognized data to different file formats, or to databases, systems of record and other destination points in line with user-defined rules:
- Corporate file storage repositories – SharePoint, Laserfiche, etc.
- ODBC compatible databases – Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Access.
- RPA, BPM, ECM, ERP and CRM systems.
- Smooth integration with RPA workflows to make your robots smarter.
Exporting document sets
- Document set images can be exported to one PDF file or placed in a storage location. A file or database record should describe the structure of the document set and contain a link to each document image.
- Document set fields (including fields in child documents) can be exported to ODBS databases and files. All fields in child documents are available when setting up an export; you can set up mapping and redact sensitive information both in a document section and in linked documents.