How to make a copy of a project from ABBYY FlexiCapture
Frequently, a System Administrator may want to save a snapshot of the entire project in ABBYY FlexiCapture. The process is the same for version 9.0 or 10.0, and for Standalone or Distributed Edition. The purpose of this snapshot copy maby be any of the following:
- to save a backup copy of the project in its current state for backup purposes
- to make a copy of the project before applying new changes, where a copy can be used as a recovery if needed
- to send or transfer project settings to a different installation , such as between development and production
The snapshot created includes global project settings, all templates and document definitions (and naturally their content), and optionally batches with documents. If you intend to include batches with documents in your exported copy, select those batches when performing the export. If you do not wan to have any batches included, make sure to not have any batches selected.
Open your Administration Station (in Standalone Edition) or Project Setup Station (in Distributed Edition) and do the following:
- Go to Project menu, and select Export Project.
- Browse to a desired destination, give it a meaningful name (we recommend to include date and time) and click Create.
- A copy of the project will be saved in your destination. It looks like a folder with sub-folders, but the entire folder is the entire project, so it should remain intact when moving or sending it.