Keep calm and make a backup using ABBYY FlexiCapture
I think that everyone will agree with me that the data is one of the most valuable things nowadays. It is terrible to imagine what the data loss can lead to. Even if you lost your smartphone, which contained photos from a vacation that you had forgotten to upload into the cloud, it would be a tragedy for you. Let alone the important business data.
In this article let’s talk about backups when working with ABBYY FlexiCapture: when to make a backup, how to do it, and how to restore data from a backup. I think that the importance of backing up ABBYY FlexiCapture data does not need to be mentioned: the loss of even one invoice can lead to a delay in the delivery of goods and, ultimately, to the money loss. So, be on the safe side and make backups when working with ABBYY FlexiCapture.
Backup ABBYY FlexiCapture Standalone
If you are using ABBYY FlexiCapture Standalone solution, it is enough to create a backup copy of the project with all the batches loaded into it. We tell in the video under this article how it can be done. I wish to emphasize that a backup copy of the ABBYY FlexiCapture project needs to be done always before you make any changes to the project. We also recommend making backup copies at regular intervals, since ABBYY FlexiCapture has an auto-learning function: training batches accumulate in the project, and I don’t want you to lose this useful data if something goes wrong.
Backup ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributed
Everything said above is true for ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributed: always make a backup copy of the project before making any changes to the project. In addition, it is important to back up periodically the entire ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributed system. To do this, follow step by step the instructions below.
1. Stop work of all operators in the system.
2. Close all current sessions.
3. Stop the ABBYY FlexiCapture’s processing stations and processing server using the processing server’s interface.
4. Stop all ABBYY FlexiCapture services.
5. Create a backup copy of the database using MS SQL Server tools.
6. Create a backup copy of the ABBYY FlexiCapture’s file storage using a special utility for creating backup copies of files.
7. Start the ABBYY FlexiCapture services, as well as the processing server and processing stations, to resume system operation.
Restoring ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributed from Backup
1. Restore the database from a backup using MS SQL Server tools.
2. Restore the ABBYY FlexiCapture’s file storage.
3. Install the ABBYY FlexiCapture server and the required stations. When the ABBYY FlexiCapture monitoring console prompts you to set up a connection to the database, set up the connection to the existing database that you restored from the backup.
4. Configure and activate the license.
5. Start the server and processing stations through the processing server interface.
If you have any questions about creating backups or other aspects of working with ABBYY FlexiCapture, then contact us. WiseTREND experts will help you stay on the safe side.
Ilya Evdokimov is a long-term practitioner and expert in leading Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Data Capture and Document Processing techniques, technologies and solutions. With over 15 years of experience spanning enterprise software implementations, mobile applications development, cloud-based systems integration and desktop-level automation, Ilya Evdokimov uses through industry knowledge and experience to achieve high efficiency and workflow optimization in most challenging paper-dependent and digital image capture environments.