This procedure contains instructions how to update your ABBYY FlexiCapture Document Definition template with the updated classification and data capture logic generated in ABBYY FlexiLayout Studio.
Make sure to have your updated document classification and data capture logic FlexiLayout file (AFL extension). To add it into your FlexiCapture document definition, please do the following:
- Save the AFL file to your computer with ABBYY FlexiCapture, any location like Desktop. We will need to use this file one time only.
- Open the Project Setup Station (in Distributed Edition) or Administration Station (in Standalone Edition) and open your project
- Go to Project menu -> Document Definitions, select the document definition you’d like to update and click Edit
- In Document Definition Editor window, go to Tools menu -> Update FlexiLayout
- Browse to this AFL file using the […] and apply it. NOTE: If there were new fields added/renamed/moved between groups, review those fields and set appropriate field settings
- Save all changes, close Document Definition Editor, Publish the document definition
- And try to process some documents by either clearing results and reprocessing, or loading new documents.
For any questions or further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ilya Evdokimov is a long-term practitioner and expert in leading Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Data Capture and Document Processing techniques, technologies and solutions. With over 15 years of experience spanning enterprise software implementations, mobile applications development, cloud-based systems integration and desktop-level automation, Ilya Evdokimov uses through industry knowledge and experience to achieve high efficiency and workflow optimization in most challenging paper-dependent and digital image capture environments.