Document OCR for SalesForce
WiseTREND DataCapture.cloud Attachment OCR for SalesForce GUIDE.
SIGN UP AND PRICING.
Key Processing Features:
- Automatically processing all of the attachments
- Full OCR configuration inside SalesForce
- Job reports for each attachment
- Ability to host the backend component on your server
Key OCR Features:
- Support of Common Image Formats
- Variety of supported Print Types
- Image Cleanup: Deskew, Despeckele, Remove Texture, Automatic Rotation Detection
- Over 180 OCR Languages
- Mixed Languages Auto-detection
- Barcode Recognition
- Two Speeds of Text Recognition: Quality, Speed
- Specialized Text Extraction Algorithms
- All Popular Output Formats
- Enhanced Error Handling
By using the various API settings, you can optimize the OCR process to a variety of sources (scans, digital camera images, etc) and a variety of purposes (full-text indexing of articles, invoice scanning, etc). Barcode scanning is also supported. For assistance in optimizing the API for your particular task, please contact our Support Team.
1. Login to your Salesforce Organisation.
2. In a separate tab enter the link given above for WiseTREND DataCapture.cloud Attachment OCR Converter v1.8, the following screen will be displayed showing all the components this project has used.
4. Accept the authorized endpoint to give salesforce prior access to this api sites.
6. Once it is installed, go to Administer> Manage Apps > Connected Apps and click the ‘WiseTREND DataCapture.cloud Attachment OCR Converter’
7. Click ‘Edit Policies’ and set ‘IP Relaxation’ setting to ‘Relax IP restrictions’
8. Select the WiseTREND DataCapture.cloud Attachment OCR Converter from the Salesforce apps menu.
9. You will have two tabs, one for checking the job status and controlling the scheduler actions and the other is the UI to control all the WiseTREND DataCapture.cloud Attachment OCR Converter settings in one place.
10 .If you select the tab WiseTREND Converter Jobs Log , you will be shown the ‘manage subscription’ link
11. Proceed to the link and register on the WiseTREND Datacapture.cloud portal. You will be given 50 free pages by default.
12. Enable the API service and generate an API key.
13. Copy the key, go to the ‘WiseTREND OCR Converter Settings’ page in SalesForce, press ‘Edit Credentials’ and paste generated key to ‘Subscription API Key’ field
14. If you are not using the backend component, then disable the checkmark ‘Backend Component Locally Hosted’
15. Create a user with the rights to use API and the access to create/modify attachments
16. Paste this user’s username, password and security token to appropriate fields
17. You can test the scheduler with ‘Mimic scheduler’ button
18. Start the scheduler.
If you are planning to use the backend component on your server:
– Server with public address/IP
– Windows operating system
– NetFramework 4.7.1 installed
– Administrator rights to install service
1. Create a user in SalesForce with the rights to use API and access to attachments
2. Download the backed package from WiseTREND (request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Export the archive content to a folder. Note: you will not be able to move the files after the installation
4. Open the ‘OCR-IT.Salesforce.Service.exe.config’ file
– Set the parameters:
|LoggingLevel||Specifies the amount of messages that are logged in the logs. You can set this to ‘Warning’ if the load on the server is too high.|
|Address||Public address of the server where this backend component is installed|
|Port||Public port on the server where this backend component is installed. SalesForce Crawler will connect to this port to send your recognition settings to the backend component. Please make sure the port is open to accept http messages requests.|
|IsSandboxUser||Specify if you are using the sandbox org. Possible values: ‘true’ and ‘false’|
|Username||Username of the user created on step 1|
|Password||Password of the user created on step 1|
|SecurityToken||SecurityToken of the user created on step 1|
|ApiKey||ApiKey obtained at https://portal.datacapture.cloud/|
|InstanceUrl||SalesForce instance url. If you are using the instance url to login, please specify it. Otherwise please leave it empty|
6. Open browser and go to Address:Port/api/SalesForceJobScheduler specified in config. You should see the following: “WiseTREND.SalesForce app self-test. Job queue successfully retrieved.”
– Button “Start the scheduler”
Scheduler will send the OCR settings and the credentials (in encrypted format) info to the backend component every X minutes. (see ‘Scheduler interval’ setting)
– Button “Start the scheduler”
This button runs the scheduler but does not send the files to OCR yet. The created jobs can be seen on the ‘WiseTREND Converter Jobs Log’ in ‘Trial’ status. The purpose of this button is to test the process.
– Button “Stop the scheduler”
Change Subscription Key
– Subscription API Key
OCR API key can be obtained only on Datacapture.cloud portal
Salesforce Integration Credential
– Backend Component Locally Hosted
Please see the backed component installation instructions
– Other fields
If you are using the Backend Component you need to specify this values in the application config on your machine.
– Interval in minutes on which WiseTREND Converter sends the request to recognize attachments to the backend component/ OCR API service. To reduce the load in SalesForce server, the minimum interval is 10 minutes.
– Replace Original Attachment
Only attachments of the same type as the original file are replaced, e.g. if you process pdf file and select pdf, csv and ppt as export formats, the original pdf file will be replaced and as the result you will have 3 attachments: pdf, csv and ppt
– Include Only Attachments with Tag
Process Attachments that contain the provided tag anywhere within the Attachment filename. Case sensitive. If this field is not empty, then any other attachments without this tag will be skipped. Leave the field empty to disable this filter.
– Exclude Only Attachments with Tag
Skip processing Attachments containing this Tag anywhere within the Attachment filename. Case sensitive. Leave the field empty to disable this filter.
Processed files naming template options
– Processed file will be renamed according to this rules
Parent object filter options
– You can filter out the parent objects (e.g. Accounts, Contacts) attachments of which will be processed
Process these image file types at first encounter by the crawler
Return file types
Advanced OCR options
– Please see the description of the option in the OCR API Guide here.
– In the Job status tab you can search any job by parameter, the search mode is auto type , so there is no Search button specifically.
– Once the job state is Completed, you can see the attachments in its parent record.
– If the job id is selected, the Job status record with more information is opened. Also for completed job if the file returns in more than one type and not replaced with original attachment, then a separate child entry is inserted to track all the files returned from OCR system and not to include those for processing again in the next batch.